Tuesday, December 20, 2016

ARE YOU TOO BUSY?

Are you too busy?  Or should I say, have you taken time to relax?  That may be the better question.

This time of the year everyone is busy with friends and family get togethers, Christmas parties and holiday functions.  It is amazing to me that in September, life is just moving along, then Halloween hits and it gets busier than Thanksgiving and wow, things have really progressed.  Then Christmas and New Years....I get it!  We all do it.

My suggestion for the holidays:  take it in strides - enjoy it.  Visit friends and family and actually spend time connecting.  Don't do the "hey, how are you?" bit, but really enjoy each other.  When was the last time you stopped by someones home or office unannounced just to say hi and connect? Cup of coffee or tea anyone?  For me, I love doing that.  I am all about relationships. I love a great chat, smiles and hugs from people who unexpectedly say "I was thinking about you" and decided to call or stop by.

I bet you can relate!  Remember those days when no matter how stressed or busy you were, when a little baby or puppy enter the room, everyone stops!  For a few moments -  all you can think about is how sweet, how cute - all of the stress disappears.  I love that feeling!  So, what little steps can we do to get that feeling again?

If you have a moment, or actually TAKE a moment and call, stop by or even email someone who has not been present in your day to day but is your friend or family member.

Reap the benefit of making someone else's day and you will see that it actually makes the difference in your day.

Merry Christmas everyone...take a moment to make someone's day!  Sometimes, all it takes is a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment